Total Pageviews

Monday, December 19, 2011

New People Places and Things...Why We Cross Paths

Start paying attention to the randomness that happens in your life.  You will see that it's not really random at all.  We cross paths with unfamiliar faces on a regular basis but there are a chosen few who will initiate some sort of exchange with you and only YOU.  At that moment, you have been deemed THE CHOSEN ONE!

One day I pulled into a gas station late at night.  I had been meaning to get gas ALL day, but for some odd reason, I just kept putting it off.  When I finally got there, I started pumping my gas when I suddenly heard an older woman on the other side of the pump say....ma'am, can you help me get some gas.  She explained that she had an emergency in another city nearby and only needed about 10 dollars worth.  Instantly, I was stumped.  In my head I was like this is random!  I have had people ask for money and food...BUT GAS....for a second I was sure I was being PUNKED...lol.  This woman did not appear to be homeless and as a matter of fact, she was driving a newer car than my own.  I looked this woman in the eyes to see if I could sense some fraudulence, then I looked into her car to see who she was with because I wanted to make sure I wasn't being taken advantage of.  When I started to look around the gas station questioning why she had asked me, I shrugged it off and decided to get her at least 15 dollars worth of gas.  Right at that moment she said...YOU are the person GOD sent to me and she had tears in her eyes.  When I looked around the gas station...I WAS BLOWN AWAY because there were no other cars or people in sight.  Although this was a late night, this gas station always has at least two cars in it and people pumping gas. This lady asked for my name, she shook my hand and said she was going to pray for me.  This was UNFREAKIN BELIEVABLE, but I felt great knowing that I was chosen to do something for someone at a time when they really needed it.  In essence, I PASSED the TEST!  I followed my instincts and did exactly what I felt compelled to do.  Just know that you are in your current position because of what you have been putting out in the universe.  BIG GIVERS RECEIVE GREAT THINGS! For this reason alone, I have a hard time trying to count my blessings...they are infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment